Thread: Choppy audio when starting QjackCtl

Beans

Choppy audio when starting QjackCtl

Hi all, I am not sure this is the right section for this issue:

I had a Lenovo C640 computer that worked flawlessly, and had no problems when installing and running QjackCtl. Unfortunately it happened that a ladder fell onto it, and had to change my computer with another Lenovo C640.

This time, however (same OS: Ubuntu 19.10), I am having some troubles. I just installed QjackCtl, and when I start it, I have this glitchy/choppy sound. Can somebody help me fix this?

Beans

Re: Choppy audio when starting QjackCtl

What’s up. I have acer and had similar problems. This could be a long shot but solution for me was looking into my headphone jack and realizing broken headphone connector was stuck inside it. Try sticking headphones in atleast and teporting on chopiness.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Thread moved to Multimedia Software.

Beans

Hi u666sa, thanks for your advice. Just tried to connect my headphones and I get the exact same result. So it looks like something other happened. Is there any official to-do-list to install all dependencies required in the right order to have QjackCtl (theoretically) working fine? So we can start from there? I may have made something wrong when installing things.

Beans

Is there anybody who can follow me up with this problem and solve it together?