Thread: Does anyone know how to set up Dead Frontier?

Beans

Does anyone know how to set up Dead Frontier?

Does anyone know how to set up Dead Frontier? I am running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Dead Frontier needs Unity Web Player in order to play the actual 3d game portion of the game with this mmo. When I do a search I found out about something called Pipelight, but the terminal commands to install it no longer not work. I tried their custom browser set up in PlayOnLinux, but it crashes and doesn't even pull up. So does anyone possibly know how to set this game up or is that even a doable thing anymore? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Does anyone know how to set up Dead Frontier?

it's a maybe that looks kind of promising: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=31179

in any case wouldn't such games work just fine in virtualbox or other virtualization software?
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Disk backup (works on newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup Redobackup is now back as Rescuezilla

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    it's a maybe that looks kind of promising: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=31179

in any case wouldn't such games work just fine in virtualbox or other virtualization software?
    Thanks for the link mate. At this stage I am having trouble even getting the web browser portion to open up with out crashing on PlayOnLinux though. Not sure how to even fix it yet. To answer your question though it probably would work better in virtualbox or other such virtualization software, but for me personally I run a duel boot system where I can swap from Linux to Windows so there really is no point in setting that up to me. I mean absolutely I would set it up if I really needed to for something, but it would defeat the purpose of trying to get it to work on Linux then. Basically I just didn't want to have to switch between OS'es just to play a browser game is what it boils own to mate. lol That is a great alternative though for those who run Linux as a singular OS on their rigs so awesome suggestion mate. Thanks for that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

i read the wine page and two bugs prevented getting the browser running. both bugs were resolved, but this was in older wine version. since you use PoL, you could maybe try to get that specific version that is mentioned on the site.

as i understand you are supposed to install windows version of firefox inside wine and then add the unity web browser. or at leats this used to be an option.

not sure about pipelight, never used that. but the procedure here is pretty simple: https://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/R...sing_Pipelight
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Disk backup (works on newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup Redobackup is now back as Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thread moved to Wine a more appropriate sub-forum.