Thread: Serp7 - want to upgrade to 802.11ac wifi

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Serp7 - want to upgrade to 802.11ac wifi

My Serval Pro 7 came with an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 pcie card (802.11n + Bluetooth) from System76; I'd like to upgrade to 802.11ac. What is the recommended wifi+ Bluetooth card for best ubuntu support? I've read that the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is a good one; is that for me?
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Serp7 - want to upgrade to 802.11ac wifi

Yes, Intel is always a good choice.

Beans
    Distro

@CelticWarrior - I finally found time to upgrade my Serp7 to the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 wireless card. Lubuntu 18.04 recognized the card immediately upon boot without my doing anything other than changing the hardware out. I'm getting ~520 Mb/second connected to an indoor ATT wireless modem about 60 feet away from outside, connected to the 5Ghz radio only. I'm seeing about 48 Mb/second connected to the 2.4Ghz radio only from the same location. This card seems to be a good choice for my notebook WiFi using Ubuntu. I'll have to check to see how Bluetooth works when I get a chance. Thanks again, CelticWarrior.
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.

Beans
    Distro

Bluetooth seems to work well; any issues seem to be due to the Desktop Environment rather than the card.