Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vivobook S14 WiFi Stopped Working in Ubuntu 19.10 after running dist-upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Vivobook S14 WiFi Stopped Working in Ubuntu 19.10 after running dist-upgrade

I'm still a bit new to Ubuntu, but plan to update to Unbuntu 20.04, which I see will be released soon. It appears it will be released with kernel 5.4.

Does anyone know if I should expect this issue as well with that kernel? If so, should I refrain from updating to Ubuntu 20.04?

Beans

Re: Vivobook S14 WiFi Stopped Working in Ubuntu 19.10 after running dist-upgrade

Try a LiveUSB before updating.

Beans

I think that it's broken.I was posting this before readind this thread:

After the clean install (of Ubuntu 20.04), everything worked perfect. I downloaded some files, used internet, all was OK. But after the first reboot the Wi-Fi just doesn't work at all.
    The Wi-Fi card is an RTL8723AE .
    The point is: It was already working fine, why it all went wrong with a reboot? If it was working properly at first, what could be happening now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello and welcome to the forum citesoleil20, please start your own thread instead of posting in someone else's because even if the issue seems the same most of the time the cause is different and it gets confusing help more then one person in a thread.

In your new thread include the results from the wireless script in my signature and please tell everyone what files you downloaded when your wifi stop working and did you install the driver manually or did it come installed in ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I performed a clean upgrade to and installation of Ubuntu 20.04 today, and can confirm that WiFi is working as intended then. Kernel: 5.4.0-26-generic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12