Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FileZilla alternative

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: FileZilla alternative

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfer View Post
    Edit: AGH! None of my images ever load on this forum!
    Create an album. Upload the image there. Link to the image.
    Please do not post large images in-line. People use their cell phones and some of us pay by the byte. Actually, it would be helpful if you edited your post and removed whatever image it has. The size is still there, wasting bandwidth.
    Please.

Beans

- delete -

Open a connection to your server and mouse over the top icons, at the right you should see "Toggle Synchronized Browsing." When it is enabled, and you change directory on one side, it changes the directory on the other side automatically. That way the directory you are in on your server is the same directory as locally.
    Recently neither I can attach image file to this forum. I don't know why?

I couldn't find "Synchronized Browsing" on my FileZilla which was installed on Ubuntu "repo"

On left top-menu
    View -> "Synchronized Browsing" (grey out)

FileZilla Ftp - Directory comparision and Synchronized browsing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascPaq76tDs

$ apt policy filezilla
    Code:
    filezilla:
      Installed: 3.28.0-1
      Candidate: 3.28.0-1
      Version table:
     *** 3.28.0-1 500
            500 http://hk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    I must download and install the latest version FileZilla-3.47.1. Now I have the package download.

According to the NOTE on following article;
    How can I upgrade filezilla to the current version?
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/1000...urrent-version
    Code:
    The newest precompiled version of Filezilla is now 3.46.3 which was built for Debian 10.0 (Buster). If you are running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS or older, the libc6 library does not contain GLIBC 2.28 which is now required by the precompiled version of Filezilla 3.46.3. ....
    glibc-2.28 is required for installation but it is not on Ubuntu "repo". glibc-source is on "repo"

$ apt policy glibc-source
    Code:
    glibc-source:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 2.27-3ubuntu1
      Version table:
         2.27-3ubuntu1 500
            500 http://hk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 Packages
            500 http://hk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe i386 Packages
    Can I use glibc-source instead ?

Thank

Regards
    satimis
    Last edited by satimis; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:40 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

@sdsurfer, please do not drag and drop images into the message editor. That will never work - it never has with vbulletin. I had to wade through a mass of base64 code in your post above. If you drag and drop images into the message editor, either the forum software or the browser converts it into base64 code. It used to be that this was then displayed - masses of it - causing immeasurable problems. Now you see nothing, but it is there, clogging up the database and causing problems if someone wants to quote your post.

Use the forum attachment facility for images - either the paperclip icon in the message editor toolbar, or the "manage attachment" button below the advanced message editor. That way the forum software creates a clickable thumbnail.

Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    Recently neither I can attach image file to this forum. I don't know why?
    @satimis, perhaps if you post in forum feedback and help with details of the problem you are experiencing with the attachment facility, one of us might be able to help. There are file size limits, but other than that it should be working.
    Last edited by coffeecat; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:27 AM. Reason: clarity
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

I tried both methods, the second was a last resort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12