Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu Minimal

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Ubuntu Minimal

Quote Originally Posted by tea for one View Post
    If you wish to explore a Xubuntu minimal installation, this ISO may help with the initial set-up.

https://unit193.net/xubuntu/core/

Best wishes
    I'm sure you know what you are doing and may even know this dev personally, but for general users out there who may come across this thread: it is not advisable to download OSes from unknown/untrusted sources. "Thar be dragons" and all that.

Best stick to trusted sources and the official repos.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHook View Post
    I'm sure you know what you are doing and may even know this dev personally, but for general users out there who may come across this thread: it is not advisable to download OSes from unknown/untrusted sources. "Thar be dragons" and all that.

Best stick to trusted sources and the official repos.
    I use the Ubuntu Community link from the Ubuntu forums.
    Last edited by poorguy; March 1st, 2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans

Wow I'm like a kid in a candy store.

I just did a fresh install Ubuntu minimal with LXDE Slim Desktop and added the bits and pieces needed and everything is working awesome.

DuckHook I now truly understand your statement "The result is a bit of a Frankenstein's monster ("It lives! It lives!")." as that is exactly what it is.

It's time to start using my new creation.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions / advice and help.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans

Hello guys,

I've created a thread on this subject. I was figuring out if a minimal ubuntu install was like every "minimal install" without any bloat. So if I'm reading correctly, a minimal install is like a beast but is highly customisable and reliable if we upgrade it until some pieces aren't supported anymore ? I'm trying to have an Arch like install (kiss) but with a deb based distro

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHook View Post
    I'm sure you know what you are doing and may even know this dev personally, but for general users out there who may come across this thread: it is not advisable to download OSes from unknown/untrusted sources.
    Unit193 >> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unit193

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12