Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterfox, how to get it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Waterfox, how to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by alfero View Post
    No, it is my English, what surprised me is, or it was, not to see any post marked as solved.
    Ah OK, I understand what you mean quite a bit better now.

All the contrary i think that this should be a kind of mandatory requirement.
    It is shameful to come to a place where you can resolve a problem and to receive the help you need and not even to give thanks or to indicate others that the problem was solved.
    Yes that would be ideal if everyone was good enough to do so. I think the age and size of the forum, with over 2 million members and over 2 million threads, might make this too difficult to enforce though. Despite my current profile age, I have actually been a member here since 2010, I remember times here when this forum was incredibly active and busy. It would have been an absolute nightmare back then for staff to even consider trying to enforce marking threads. The forum nowadays is by far less active than it used to be, but with the old habit of requesting marking threads still used like back in the busier days.

Kindness is something that every day is scarcer.
    +1, Sad but true in my opinion.

All the best to you. I better "sign off" now lest this thread runs too far off topic . Cheers, yeti.
    Last edited by yetimon_64; February 28th, 2020 at 04:51 PM. Reason: gr.

Beans

Just in case somebody need it, i found today an easy way to get waterfox for Ubuntu:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/9354...stall-waterfox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thanks for this topic
    I just tried waterfox as appimage it is OK in both 19.04 and 19.10.
    On the contrary firefox keeps destroying my profile when I switch from 04 to 10.
    Netflix is OK with waterfox.
    Happy user of Ubuntu-20.04 on a Beelink BT3pro mini PC

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

There's no reason to switch back and forth between 19.04 and 19.10. 19.04 reached end of life over a month ago. But I can understand why some people switch back and forth between 18.04 and 19.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Impavidus View Post
    There's no reason to switch back and forth between 19.04 and 19.10. 19.04 reached end of life over a month ago. But I can understand why some people switch back and forth between 18.04 and 19.10.
    There is no reason for firefox and others to loose all preference ,bookmarks,and passwords when upgrading OS.
    With Windows I'm still waiting for drivers updates (creative labs ,iomega,cinergy,asus) so I still use XP.
    Linux seems to be a bit better at least as far as hardware is concerned.
    Happy user of Ubuntu-20.04 on a Beelink BT3pro mini PC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12