Thread: Dell D530 Wifi Drivers

Beans

Dell D530 Wifi Drivers

I have an old Dell D530 and I can't run the wifi. I used the lspci | grep -i network command and the results are: 0c: 00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4311 802.11a / b / g (rev 01

And until that point I arrive and I don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me.
    I don't know what I'm missing, I don't understand why in some distributions of linux or windows I don't have this problem. I am new to ubuntu and I want to have the system installed and working to be able to practice and learn, but without Wi-Fi it doesn't help me. Sorry, I'm using a translator.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Dell D530 Wifi Drivers

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please click on the wireless script in my signature, follow the directions for running it and posting the results back here using the pastebin link created.

Beans

Hi and thanks for your time. This is the link to the pastebin with the info in ubuntu. https://pastebin.com/bKiF1Qb1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Just do
    Code:
    sudo apt update && sudo apt install firmware-b43-installer
    Reboot

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy31 View Post
    Just do
    Code:
    sudo apt update && sudo apt install firmware-b43-installer
    Reboot
    Ohh thanks a lottttttt. Its working. My pain its over. Thanks again. Ill save this data for the future

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

FYI, there's a sticky thread for everything related to Broadcom WiFi chipsets.

This is the bookmark you should save for future reference. If you need to deal with another one in the future you can refer to this thread, the driver to install may or may not be the same, it depends on the specific model.