Thread: Can I edit web videos with lightworks on xubuntu with my system ?

Beans

Can I edit web videos with lightworks on xubuntu with my system ?

I have a hp stream laptop 2 gb mem, 29.1 gb storage. If I replace windows 10 with xUbuntu.

Will I be able to edit web videos with lightworks ? I also have an external hard drive formatted for Windows 10 that I assume xubuntu can read yes ?
    Last edited by dbee; February 16th, 2020 at 07:54 AM.
    I wish my computer would do what I want it to do - not what I tell it to do.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Can I edit web videos with lightworks on xubuntu with my system ?

Maybe. https://www.lwks.com/index.php?optio...9802&Itemid=81
    It depends on what you mean by "edit", what the video length is, what the resolution is, how many effects, transitions, etc.

There are many other video editors. Some don't have a GUI, so it really depends on what you mean by "edit".

Regardless, 2G RAM isn't going to be fun. Heck, if you are trying to edit 4K video, 29G of free storage won't even allow a local copy of the uncompressed video for an hour.

With snap packages, you might find that you cannot access external storage at all and an additional 1 GB of RAM might be necessary just to load the programs. Without snaps, I'd not hesitate to say, yes, no problem for accessing NTFS storage connected anywhere.