Thread: Ubuntu 18.04 on an HP ElitePad 1000 G2 - Onscreen keyboard problem in landscape

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Question Ubuntu 18.04 on an HP ElitePad 1000 G2 - Onscreen keyboard problem in landscape

Wanting a tablet that could run Ubuntu, I recently bought an HP ElitePad 1000 G2 which had Ubuntu 18.04 installed. The tablet works fine under Linux but for ONE glaring problem. When the tablet is being used in landscape, the onscreen keyboard lower portion, including 98% of the spacebar is off the screen on the bottom. If I flip the tablet around and use it in portrait orientation, the entire keyboard is available. Since using the tablet in portrait orientation is a pain, with too much horizonal scrolling needed to see all windows, having this problem in landscape is not optimal.. Is this one of the MANY papercuts I keep hearing that exist in Ubuntu using Gnome or is there an adjustment somewhere to fix this? Never needed/used an onscreen keyboard, so this is new... Any help/ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by dfrandin; February 15th, 2020 at 06:40 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 on an HP ElitePad 1000 G2 - Onscreen keyboard problem in landscape

Have you tried if it works in a live boot of X/Lubuntu 19.10?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 on an HP ElitePad 1000 G2 - Onscreen keyboard problem in landscape

No, sure haven't, since this is a tablet and doesn't have USB or a CD drive to boot from... It came with Ubuntu 18.04, which is why I bought it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Never mind, I bought the tablet on eBay, and it turned out to be defective. Once it gets warmed up, it locks up tight and requires a power cycle every few minutes, so I sent it back...