Thread: start google calendar on boot

Beans

start google calendar on boot

I want to start google calendar on boot. As far as I can tell it is synced with the gnome calendar but it doesn't turn on until manually started. I have searched for a solution and found a pile of them. that being the caswe perhaps somebody knows how to do this or can point me to a solution that works currently?

the reason for this is that while I have appointments I put into google calendar which also turned up on the gnome calendar the notifications didn't go off and I almost missed an apointment. I think this was because google calendar was not on.

Thank you.......
    Memory: 14.6 GiB
    Processor: AMD® A8-7650k radeon r7, 10 compute cores 4c+6g × 4
    Resolution: 3840x2160 pixels
    GNOME: 3.28.2 OS: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: start google calendar on boot

To turn on any 'buntu app at start, just add it to "Startup Applications". Instructions as follows: https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubunt...ations.html.en

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: start google calendar on boot

It is not possible to start GUI programs that are dependent on a user session login at boot time.

They can be started just after a GUI login, however. Different DEs have different methods to setup autostart programs just after a GUI login. It isn't useful to try starting a GUI program for non-GUI sessions, like over ssh, for example.

The difference my seem unimportant today, but trust me, it is absolutely critical to understanding how Unix-like OSes, logins and GU sessions can be bent to our needs.