Thread: Can't get to needed button on network connections

Beans

Can't get to needed button on network connections

Can't get to needed button on network connections. I am on XUBUNTU. I had the same problem with LUBUNTU. My display comes up 640 X 480 and using DISPLAY it will not let me change to anything other than 640 X 480. This causes me to be unable to set up WIFI as the modal box is too big for the display and after entering all the information to setup the network connection the button to cause the "engage" is below the bottom of the screen and I can't get to it. Is there a way to setup network connections using terminal? I do not know how and am somewhat of a newbie in that.

Beans

Re: Can't get to needed button on network connections

On XUbuntu (and quite a few other Desktop environments) you can move a window by alt-dragging (move the mouse pointer to anywhere inside the window, hold the alt-key on the keyboard, hold the left mouse button, move, release mouse button and alt-key). Using this technique you should be able to reach all parts of a dialog, so no need to use the terminal (although there are of course ways to configure the network that way ...).

Holger

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Re: Can't get to needed button on network connections

Have you thought about fixing the display problem before the network one?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.