Thread: Settings - Background - Select Colors - option disappeared

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Settings - Background - Select Colors - option disappeared

Gnome-ontrol-center
    Settings - Background - change wallpaper - The option: 'Select Colors to just use a flat color' no longer works in Ubuntu 19.10 and 20.04
    the help says
    There are three choices displayed on top:
    Select Wallpapers to use one of the many professional background images that ship with GNOME. Some wallpapers change throughout the day. These wallpapers have a small clock icon in the bottom-right corner.
    Select Pictures to use one of your own photos from your Pictures folder. Most photo management applications store photos there. If you would like to use an image that is not in your Pictures folder, either use Files by right-clicking on the image file and selecting Set as Wallpaper, or Image Viewer by opening the image file, clicking the menu button in the titlebar and selecting Set as Wallpaper.
    Select Colors to just use a flat color.

but the Settings - Background window is completely different, There are no choices displayed on top, just 'Background' and is not selectable.

Opened a bug for 20.04 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1862945
    but 19.10 has the same problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Settings - Background - Select Colors - option disappeared

I don't use Gnome, so I can't say much about the issue itself. As a workaround, though, you could make a 1×1 image filled with your chosen colour and use that stretched as your background.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

Beans

Re: Settings - Background - Select Colors - option disappeared

Might I direct you to this thread in the 'Desktops'-Area ?

Holger