Thread: Installing Scanner Drivers

Beans

Installing Scanner Drivers

Again I am facing for me a daunting problem. I just discovered new drivers on the Epson site. I don't know whether these will support my scanner in Ubuntu 18.04 64. At this point I have the scanner installed under Ubuntu 16.04. Since replacing the PSU, I have another functioning computer in which I installed Ubuntu 18.04 64. I would like to be able to use the scanner on my newly repaired computer.

Scanner Epson Perfection V30
    Ubuntu 18.04

Scanner Driver Location http://support.epson.net/linux/en/im...nv3.php#ubuntu

Any assistance will be appreciate. I have always had difficulty installing driver for this scanner.

Beans

Re: Installing Scanner Drivers

Hello Daniell59

The Epson page you have linked to appears to relate to a driver which is not appropriate for your particular scanner. The search page you need is here:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/se...h/searchModule

If you input your product name perfection v30 and then in the Operation System drop-down box choose Linux from the list of options and click on the magnifying glass symbol, you will get to a page where you should choose the third option (version 2.30.4 All-in-one package) and click Download. Then on the Package Download page for "Image Scan! for Linux" you want the second of the four Download options i.e. [deb] Ubuntu etc... 64 bit. On the same page there is a link for instructions on how to install the package.

I don't have an Epson scanner but I wish you luck!

Beans

Re: Installing Scanner Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by michael-hi View Post
    Hello Daniell59

The Epson page you have linked to appears to relate to a driver which is not appropriate for your particular scanner. The search page you need is here:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/se...h/searchModule

If you input your product name perfection v30 and then in the Operation System drop-down box choose Linux from the list of options and click on the magnifying glass symbol, you will get to a page where you should choose the third option (version 2.30.4 All-in-one package) and click Download. Then on the Package Download page for "Image Scan! for Linux" you want the second of the four Download options i.e. [deb] Ubuntu etc... 64 bit. On the same page there is a link for instructions on how to install the package.

I don't have an Epson scanner but I wish you luck!
    Thanks
    I see that the release date of the drivers are quite recent as compared to when I installed the drivers that worked on Ubuntu 16.04 but not on 18.04. Hopefully these will work on 18.04.