Thread: Strange wireless issue with lubuntu

Beans

Strange wireless issue with lubuntu

Hello all. I really don't know what's going on here. I have a USB wireless card I believe it is the Netgear wn111v2 and I have been using it and all of a sudden it stops playing the video I am watching or stops loading webpages. Strange thing is it never actually drops the wifi connection just the internet goes out. Disconnecting and reconnecting to the network restores the use but it happens so frequently that I'm coming to the forums for help. It works fine with Windows so I figured it may be a driver issue but since it works out of the box and it appears there is no Linux specific driver that it should work fine.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks guys!

Beans

Re: Strange wireless issue with lubuntu

Bump. It keeps cutting out on apt-get upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans

Bump Bump. I should also mention that when I unplug the dongle or my mouse and keyboard or game controller and plug back into a USB port it no longer functions in Linux.
    Lubuntu 19.4.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless a more appropriate sub-forum.

It does not just stop working when you are trying to upgrade right? it also happens at other times?

Hi, please click on the wireless script in my signature, follow the directions for running it and posting the results back here using the pastebin link created and someone should be able to help.