Thread: wps office crashes, ubuntu 18.04

Beans

wps office crashes, ubuntu 18.04

I'm using ubuntu 18.04 and Gnome.
    Iv'e installed wps office and when I start any of it's apps it shows that opening banner and then shuts down immediately after it.
    I tried installing from terminal,and ubuntu software and I reached the same outcome.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: wps office crashes, ubuntu 18.04

Have you seen the thread at https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2434986 and tried all that is suggested there?

I'm not sure if that poster has found a solution, and I've never used, nor seen WPS-Office so I regret I can not take this much further.

Beans

Hi YovelCohen,

Sorry if this response is a little late but I've only just seen your post and noted it has not been marked as resolved.

I've had crash problems with WPS in the past so stopped using it. I now use either Libre Office or the lighter but effective Softmaker FreeOffice. For the latter, check out https://www.freeoffice.com/en/ if you want an English version or click the Union Flag symbol to select the language of your choice. 32bit or 64 bit versions are available as *.deb files. FreeOffice is compatible with Microsoft Office files and certainly worth considering

Beans

Apart from ajgreeny's and my response of a week ago at the time of this post, you are not getting any replies. This is likely to be because your thread would be best placed in the 'General Help' section as 'WPS', being an office set of programs, is not really 'Multi-Media software'. I note too that you yourself have not responded to the responses you have got so perhaps you did realize at the time which section you had chosen for your post. Anyway, I hope you have resolved your issue, good luck.