Thread: strange program installed. I did not instal it myself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

strange program installed. I did not instal it myself.

I was playing around with my windows 10 because I really don't feel at home in this system and thought I would try get used to it. I have installed few freeware programs , just to see what they are , its the android developer kit and I removed them again shortly after.

meanwhile a new program called mpc-hc 64 is installed and I don't know when and how and the computer have never been on the internet so its installed either via the android developer kit or I cant find any explanation for it.
    I am pretty sure its not a part of windows 10 from the looks of it but can anyone verify that ?

I also have installed virtual box since I use this machine for beta testing and playing around with different operative systems and these are the only programs I have installed and I cant find out where it came from .
    the project seems dead or dying , I Looked it up on the internet to see what it was.

Beans

Re: strange program installed. I did not instal it myself.

A quick online search shows that it is indeed windows only software, a lightweight media player for various version of windows.

. https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

yes I found out what it is. I just don\t know how it got installed. I did not install it but it could have been a part of the android development package and I cant see if it is or not. it has just been installed today and I have no clue where it came from .

Beans

Settings application > Apps and Features should give you an install date for the application which might give you a clue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thanks. it was installed same day I posted about it. my brother thinks its part of the android developemnt tools because its apparantly sometimes inbcluded in other downloads because it has so many codecs so it might been a dependcy.