Thread: got wireless working by replacing distro driver with one from intel - how do I report

Beans

got wireless working by replacing distro driver with one from intel - how do I report

Hello

All the details are here, but briefly

We have an intel NUC running ubuntu. Using the wifi, after about ~1 day the connection drops, and when I check it cannot detect any Wifi (no SSID listed) when there are many. Tried turning wifi off and on (via GUI, via command line) no luck. Only "fix" currently is to reboot the entire system.

Ultimately fixed by replacing the driver with one downloaded from intel. In my case I downloaded iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.618819.0.tgz from: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/...rivers/iwlwifi
    What concerns me is that a file with the exact same name was already present from the Ubuntu 18.04 distribution. I compared that with the one I downloaded with the distro version of the file with the same name (in /lib/firmware) and the files were different.

Should I / how do I report this as a bug / something to be investigated for the distribution?

Thanks,
    Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: got wireless working by replacing distro driver with one from intel - how do I re

See the wireless script link in my signature and post results