For good or for bad, I was always a gamer and considered some outside activities as tiring or not entertaining. In fact I was outside 24/7 when I was a kid but thats because it all brought me so much pleasure back then. Now I can probably only get pleasure from gaming, lol. However whenever I play a game I think that I would love to code something similar to it...

I've been putting off this dream of mine and waiting till I install linux. I've finally installed linux recently (had some errors and couldnt install it on old laptop, something related to Grub, but it installed no problemo on new laptop), the reason why I was waiting, is because I didnt want to start making a game that will work only on Windows that i had before.

Now that I have linux installed, I wonder how to start? I don't know anything game programming. I would like to make a 2D or 3D RPG or MMO, or at the very least something with swords where you can fight monsters and collect their loot, do quests etc. But MMO is probably too hard for beginner. So, does anyone know anything about making games on Ubuntu that will work on Linux (but preferably on Windows too)? Thanks in advance.