Thread: Tooltips messed up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Tooltips messed up

Hi,

since the last xserver-upgrade the tooltips in my Ubuntu 18.04. are messed up (see Screenshot). It occurs with different themes and user profiles, but only when using X11. With Wayland, the tooltips are displayed correctly. I'm using a ATI/AMD HD 5570 with radeon driver. Any hints?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Re: Tooltips messed up

same problem here, but on Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.3.
    Furthermore, strangely only some mouseover info-boxes are affected (this is consistent, e.g. tooltip for 'Budgie Desktop Settings' is never affected, and the one for 'Budgie Complete Installation' is always garbled. This is also not restricted to the desktop environment, but happens in programs (firefox, gimp) and on the plank dock.
    Also using a Radeon (Radeon HD 5470) with radeon driver.

Last edited by Pandanus; January 20th, 2020 at 12:35 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

I've seen the same on Ask Ubuntu; recall it having experienced similar on a Kubuntu qa-test (19.10; lp.1845823). If you file or find a bug a bug, please note it here for me please). Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

@guiverc: Have you tried the new packages from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eo...a/+bug/1841718? They fixed the bug for me (regular update will follow soon).

Beans

This was a bug in X.org and X.org radeon drivers. The fixes are in the current system updates, just run them.

I ran update and upgrade, and tooltips no longer tear. Sometimes they don't display at all, but they are no longer driving me buggy.