Thread: PQservice recovery

Beans

PQservice recovery

I bought an Acer A114-31 that had pre-installed windows 10 pro s (64 bit). I made the switch from windows 10 pro s to
    windows 10 pro (64 bit), but I clicked wrong linck for microsoft store, and now windows is non-functional.
    I wanted to go back to windows 10 pro s with D2D recovery function from bios, but PQservice was deleted and GPT partition is none.
    If I install boot-repair on a USB it is possible to recover PQservice ??? The USB must be formatted in Fat 32 or NTFS? When
    boot from USB, D2D recovery function from bios must be disabled or enabled? Secure Boot I think it has to be custom.
    Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: PQservice recovery

Moved to Windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: PQservice recovery

Quote Originally Posted by nisiriusa View Post
    If I install boot-repair on a USB it is possible to recover PQservice ???
    No!!!
    Boot Repair is a specialized software to manage or reinstall bootloaders, it's not for your issue with Windows.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
    The only advice that can be given is generic advice. This is a Ubuntu forum and although some of us also know a thing or two about Windows, any kind of support for that OS is definitely not our specialty .

So, as generic advice goes, reinstall your Windows. You may create USB bootable media directly from Microsoft, reinstall Windows and all the drivers for your specific model, etc. Also consult your tech support and/or Windows forums.