Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fail to connect to Windows shares: "failed to retrieve share list from server"

Beans

Re: Fail to connect to Windows shares: "failed to retrieve share list from server"

i'm having this same problem with unraid and ubuntu server 20,04 LTS so that takes windows out of the loop as the problem. no host names, only static IP, so that takes networking out of the loop. i can only join *buntu 20.04 LTS to SMB if it's a public share. this is true weather it be unraid (linux) or windows server 2019. AND it work on buntu 18.04 LTS and NOT 20.04 LTS

EDIT: i added "smb:" without quotes and now i get "cifs URL not supported yet"
    Last edited by cdoublejj; September 10th, 2020 at 06:57 PM.

Beans

Re: Fail to connect to Windows shares: "failed to retrieve share list from server"

SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support must be enabled in "Windows Features" in Windows 10
    Open Control Panel. Click on Programs. Click on Turn Windows features on or off link. Expand the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support option. Check the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client option. Click the OK button. Click the Restart now button.
    Source: https://ostoday.org/linux/how-to-acc...indows-10.html

Beans

This helps!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Back to sleep, ancient and oft-necromanced thread.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12