Thread: How does one get an SB Audigy 2 ZS to work in ubuntu?

Beans

Question How does one get an SB Audigy 2 ZS to work in ubuntu?

Hi guys,

Basically, I have an SB Audigy 2 ZS and I was really hoping to get it to work in Ubuntu 19.04!

I know the card is installed because if I run lspci I get:
    Code:
    04:06.0 Unassigned class [ffff]: Creative Labs EMU10k2/CA0100/CA0102/CA10200 [Sound Blaster Audigy Series] (rev ff)
    However because it is an "Unassigned class" I cannot see it under /proc/asound/cards :
    Code:
     0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                          HDA ATI SB at 0xfe024000 irq 16
     1 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                          HDA NVidia at 0xfcffc000 irq 19
    I've noticed only those in lspci that have the tag "Audio device" will appear in the list of available audio devices!
    Yet my card is "Unassigned class", so I was wandering if it simply needs to be forced to be seen as an audio device!

To be completely honest I have never used an SB Audigy 2 ZS before as I have always used an SB Audigy 4, so I could have it plugged into the wrong port , and when I plug it in to the jack closest to the PCI screw I get a metric ton of static!

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: How does one get an SB Audigy 2 ZS to work in ubuntu?

I would suggest trying to use Ubuntu 19.10.

Ubuntu 19.04 reaches EOL on Thursday (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeekly...anuary_23_2020) having already passed 9 months since it was released. I'd release-upgrade first and get it to work on supported release that has more than mere days left.