Thread: Program on Wine wont launch

Beans

Program on Wine wont launch

I have a few programs running through wine but one will not run. Everything in the download appears normal. How or what do I access to see what is not happening in tghe program launch sequence. No error messages come up, the little wheel just spins and then goes out.

Any help please?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Program on Wine wont launch

Thread moved to Wine.

Beans
    Hidden!

The best way to get information about this as we do not know what app you're asking about, is to go to the wine app database at https://appdb.winehq.org/ and do a search. Forget about anything rated below Silver in their grading, and even some Silver will run only poorly.

Don't forget that there is no chance with some Windows applications to get them to run through Wine; some will, some won't, and some will do better with (proprietary but free to use, I believe), playonlinux which is in the repos.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 18.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

you can troubleshoot by running the program from terminal / console. you run it by

Code:
    wine programname.exe
    any error codes will be displayed in the terminal. you can then copy them & paste to forums etc. for troubleshooting.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Disk backup (works on newer PC): Clonezilla