Thread: image browser to open multiple windows

Beans

image browser to open multiple windows

I'm looking for an image browser that will open all the image files in a directory, each in its own simple window i.e. without sidebars or additional panes.

I need to zoom in and out on each of these images.

Ideally I could put them into a cascade with a single action but never mind about that.

I've tried :

- Eye Of Gnome/MATE using --new-instance in a for loop: but it opens a new window only when I close another.
    - geeqie selecting all and then "open in new window": but this opens only one window.
    - gimp with a wild card: but I haven't found a way of getting the windows out of the gimp 'workshop' -- if you know what I mean.
    - ImageMajick with a wild card : but this opens only one window

What else can I try?

It seems like a very simple application -- which is perhaps the problem with it. Anyone putting time to an image browser is going to want to add features.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: image browser to open multiple windows

You could give nomacs a try which will let you open multiple windows while in the same directory.

Code:
    sudo apt install nomacs
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

[/quote] - Eye Of Gnome/MATE using --new-instance in a for loop: but it opens a new window only when I close another.[/quote]
    Have each instance spawn in the backgroud by appending the command with ' &'.

Beans

Yes indeed. Thanks That's a nice little viewer. Do you know someway of setting the window size to the image size from the command line? I don't see anything like that in the man page.
    Last edited by holiday; January 10th, 2020 at 10:02 AM.

Beans

- Eye Of Gnome/MATE using --new-instance in a for loop: but it opens a new window only when I close another.[/quote]
    Have each instance spawn in the backgroud by appending the command with ' &'.[/QUOTE]

I had done that but there was an error about the placement of the '&'. This is the right way to do it:

Code:
       for f in *jpg;do eom -n $f & done;
    I had been putting a second semicoln after the &. This command works very nicely.