Thread: Gimp removal - gimp is not installed!

Beans

Gimp removal - gimp is not installed!

Hi, I'm a new Lubuntu user. I have successfully installed Lubuntu 19.04 on my Asus laptop - all is/was working well.

I thought I would install Gimp and ended up with a bad install of the program, I used a snap command - Gimp runs but no tool icons show.

I then installed Gimp from the software center, the program worked perfectly but i was left with 2 versions of Gimp - one that works fine and one that doesn't.

I then thought that i would remove both of the installations and start again, the Gimp version that works OK has been removed without any problems,
    I can't get rid of the version that doesn't work properly. When I run the $ sudo apt-get remove gimp it says that Gimp isn't installed

I have run snap list and it shows Gimp 2.10.14 in the list

Can anyone suggest how I might remove it so I can install the version that does work?

Thanks in advance

Beans

Re: Gimp removal - gimp is not installed!

Try..

Code:
    sudo snap remove gimp
    to remove the snap version.

Also, 19.04 goes End of Life this month so not a great choice if you have only recently installed it, you'll probably want to upgrade to 19.10

Beans
    Hidden!

Try command
    Code:
    sudo snap remove gimp
    and if that gets rid of the snap version of gimp you can reinstall the deb version with
    Code:
    sudo apt install gimp
    Snap packages are handled, installed, removed etc etc using the snap commands shown in
    Code:
    man snap
    and not using apt.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 18.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans

Thank you, that's sorted it!