Thread: Mistakenly created new account, would like to access old account

Beans

Mistakenly created new account, would like to access old account

Hello,

This happened some years ago - I think 2013 where I logged in via SSO and found myself in a new account. I am back to the Ubuntu way and would like to be able to post in the forums with my old account. I would like to access my old account where I have a lot of posts (and I kind of enjoyed seeing my bean count change and the name of my progress). I have the old profile URL, but am not sure if you want that posted here so you may start the process. Please advise. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Mistakenly created new account, would like to access old account

See if this sticky post can help you, if not please post back.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Your have an old account rjcayea that shows disabled? And no posts. Sept 2013

But no info on why and it shows you created this new account just after old account disabled in Oct 2013.

Did you then have another old account that was not rjcayea ?
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Hello oldfred, thanks for taking the time to help me out. Yes, I had an older account (the one I hope to re-establish) with my username, rcayea. This is the link to the profile: https://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=795566
    I think the first rjcayea account I created back in 2013 was when I made my initial mistake of logging in with wrong email when everything had switched to SSO. I put a pause for the most part on my Ubuntu interest then. I think the next account, which I am posting from now (rjcayea2) was created recently when I came back to the forums with my interest in diving back into Ubuntu and I had to log in and I somehow ended up being given this name. Just for clarification, my goal is to be able to log in and use my original account with the user name, rcayea.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

You would have to PM me your old email account, so we know you are that ID.
    It was related to your favorite sport, if you have forgotten.

If you do know that, I can swap email, or disable this account as email can only be on one account.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.