Thread: how to solve an error message with 'woeusb' when trying to install win 10?

Beans

how to solve an error message with 'woeusb' when trying to install win 10?

hi

i'm trying to make a bootable win 10 usb stick but i get an error messege for my usb stick when trying to use woe usb. i've already formmated the usb stick in ntfs

can you tell me how to solve it?

thank you!!2020-01-02_02-01.png

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: how to solve an error message with 'woeusb' when trying to install win 10?

Thread moved to Windows a more appropriate sub-forum.

Beans

Need to change format from Fat32, and/or need bigger USB. Win 10 installer probably bigger than the 4GB that Fat32 handles. Not sure but format to exFat or NTFS, check first

Beans

thanks
    i've already solved it right now after using a windows machine (needed to drive to the office for that)

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm glad you solved the problem. But next time you need not drive to the offiice. Woeusb works with big files, if you use a command line according to the following link,

WoeUSB Error Code 256 with NTFS formatted USB