Thread: Komplete Audio6 - possible to split it into two devices for Pulse Audio?

Beans

Komplete Audio6 - possible to split it into two devices for Pulse Audio?

Hi
    The Komplete Audio 6 audio interface has 4 output channels that I'd like to be able being used by two different programs - one stereo output each.
    How can I configure that.
    Here is already a solution to configure various output configurations, but this is only available globally for all applications.
    Would it be possible to have two different audio devices addressing that same interface, so that for example clementine could use channel 1+2 and vlc channel 3+4?
    Thanks
    Milan
    Last edited by milanoan; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:35 PM.

Beans

Re: Komplete Audio6 - possible to split it into two devices for Pulse Audio?

Here is what I've tried:
    Created udev rules file:
    Code:
    /lib/udev/rules.d/91-komplete-audio6.rules
    With this content
    Code:
    SUBSYSTEM!="sound", GOTO="pulseaudio_end"
    ACTION!="change", GOTO="pulseaudio_end"
    KERNEL!="card*", GOTO="pulseaudio_end"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="17cc", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1001", ENV{PULSE_PROFILE_SET}="native-instruments-komplete-audio6.conf"

LABEL="pulseaudio_end"
    Then created
    Code:
    /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/native-instruments-komplete-audio6.conf
    with the appropriate content, see this thread

So far this is what ubu_dynamite has proposed in the linked thread.
    Then I duplicated these files with an attached B to the filename and a changed number:
    Code:
    92-komplete-audio6B.rules
    native-instruments-komplete-audio6B.conf
    I also adapted the udev rule's content like this:
    Code:
    ENV{PULSE_PROFILE_SET}="native-instruments-komplete-audio6B.conf
    In the two native-instruments-komplete-audio6()/(B).conf-files I changed settings for channel 1/2 and 3/4 respectively for () / (B)-variant, only audio inputs for the ()-one
    Result is that the B-files are used, the others ignored (overwritten while pulseaudio -k execution??)

Unfortunately, I don't understand very well what happens between udev, alsa and pulseaudio, and how they have to be configured to achieve my goal.
    I'm grateful for any fructual hint!
    Last edited by milanoan; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:03 PM.