Thread: New User (Kubuntu), a few configuration questions

Beans

New User (Kubuntu), a few configuration questions

Hello,
    I'm running Kubuntu 19.10 and had a couple configuration questions:

- is there a way to minimize (chosen) windows to the tray as icons?
    - is there a way to hide (chosen) tray icons into the "popup arrow" or whatever you'd call it?

- mouse properties - I notice there is no way to choose the number of lines the middle scroll button makes. I read somewhere that there is a way to get this functionality back, has anyone been able to do this?

- is there a way to edit the right-click context menu?

any advice appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: New User (Kubuntu), a few configuration questions

Quote Originally Posted by prariedog-tek View Post
    - is there a way to minimize (chosen) windows to the tray as icons?
    Not to the notification area - it's not for that, and there were discussions on removing that concept entirely from desktop environments a few years back.

For the functionality that you seem to want - having an application open and running but not having to see its window - I use the virtual desktops. I just switch between them with the scroll wheel on the desktop or keyboard shortcuts. You can also use dock-style launchers, or Activities, or whatever fits with your workflow.

- is there a way to hide (chosen) tray icons into the "popup arrow" or whatever you'd call it?
    Right-click on the arrow and select System Tray Settings. You can select or deselect which ones will appear.

- mouse properties - I notice there is no way to choose the number of lines the middle scroll button makes. I read somewhere that there is a way to get this functionality back, has anyone been able to do this?
    System Settings → Input Devices → Mouse → Advanced has it for me.

- is there a way to edit the right-click context menu?
    Probably. The context menu is context-dependent: the things that are shown there are provided by applications. What was it that you wanted to change?
    None but ourselves can free our minds