Thread: samba and web server confilct

Beans

samba and web server confilct

Hi all I have a fresh installation of Ubuntu 18.04.3 server edition on my home server, I installed samba an tested on my network and was able to see the shared folders from my windows and Android devices however I also needed to setup a local web server for which I installed Vesta control panel.

As soon as I installed and configured vestacp I lose the samba connection on the network.

I can see that both services are running but don't know why I can't access samba shared folder.

I've installed a fresh
    1. copy of Ubuntu 18.04.3 server.

2. Installed and setup Samba using this guide: https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-instal ... ntu-18-04/
    On step two I tested the samba connection on my local network windows 10 and android all samba files are visible.

3. Install and setup Vestacp [URL]https://vestacp.com/install/ , added a WordPress site. sites working well.
    After the third step, I lose all connections to my folders set up on step two.

below is the log of my samba status:
    ● smbd.service - Samba SMB Daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/smbd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Sat 2019-12-28 23:56:01 UTC; 11h ago
    Docs: man:smbd(8)
    man:samba(7)
    man:smb.conf(5)
    Main PID: 2529 (smbd)
    Tasks: 4 (limit: 4915)
    CGroup: /system.slice/smbd.service
    ├─2529 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group
    ├─2531 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group
    ├─2532 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group
    └─2534 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group

Dec 28 23:56:01 192.168.1.164.example.com systemd[1]: Starting Samba SMB Daemon...
    Dec 28 23:56:01 192.168.1.164.example.com systemd[1]: Started Samba SMB Daemon.

Does anyone know how I can find the issue, please?

Thanks
    Tony
    Last edited by clu55ter; December 29th, 2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: add link

Beans

Re: samba and web server confilct

Looks like vestacp might add a firewall? Have to allow connections to ports 137-139 and maybe port 445.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: samba and web server confilct

There were no conflicts it was just the Firewall ports were closed after adding samba to allowed ufw with the following command $ sudo ufw allow samba the shared folder appeared back on the local network.