Thread: microsoft does not releease anymore windows versions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

microsoft does not releease anymore windows versions.

I stumbled across this offer https://www.smartworld.dk/da/microso...370922387.html
    I don't know if its to good to be true or what to think about it but 300 DKK for a windows 10 download is fairly cheap and I get a new computer with windows 10 preinstalled with no installation media so why not spend 300 on a license and install media while I am at it.

on the page it says that there will be no more windows versions released but features added to the windows 10 platform which will be provided as a service .

now that sounds interesting but what are the reasons for this ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: microsoft does not releease anymore windows versions.

I would be very cautious of any OEM versions of windows being sold. Many people have been unable to activate those versions and paid full price anyway. Better just to download it from MS to be certain of what you are getting. As for new versions, Official MS Windows versions receive feature updates once or twice a year though are still named Windows 10. You can get the media creation tool here.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; December 26th, 2019 at 10:52 PM.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Windows 10 is still available for free from Microsoft, link https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...s-10-for-free/ . Also it should still be free if you have accessibly issues to using a computer(like you use glasses).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/6/18...kernel-feature
    microsoft will ship a linux kernel with windows 10.

I will actually will have windows 10 in a few days because I am going to buy a new computer that has windows 10 pre installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

so I got my new PC. it became a dell optiplex 7010 with a I7 CPU instead of the vostro I was planning to buy. it has windows 10 installed and there is registration key and a file with windows to re-install it on the desktop and I don'ẗ know what to do with it because the file is too large to copy to a USB stick and to burn on a dvd.

windows 10 looks very diffent than windows 7 and off course XP and I only been using it a few times these last months because I got a couple of old laptops with these systems pre installed so I might as well just leave them there until they break and I can install linux on them instead.

I am however going to play around with windows powershell . it is strange owning computers running windows after not using windows for over ten years.