Thread: Please help me fix my sources list

Beans

Please help me fix my sources list

I got a bunch of stuff installed that's messing up my updates, please help me out. I was about to go back to windows and stick with a linux VM. I'm running unbuntu 19.04 but it's problems... I'm mainly fairly new at linux.

Code:
    sudo apt update
    Ign:1 cdrom://Ubuntu 19.04 _Disco Dingo_ - Release amd64 (20190416) disco InRelease
    Err:2 cdrom://Ubuntu 19.04 _Disco Dingo_ - Release amd64 (20190416) disco Release
      Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
    Ign:3 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease
    Hit:4 Index of /ubuntu  disco InRelease                                                                                                                                                   
    Hit:5 Index of http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian  eoan InRelease                                                                                                                                       
    Hit:6 Index of /ubuntu  disco InRelease                                                                                                                                                   
    Ign:7 Index of /ubuntu  multiuniverse InRelease                                                                                                                                           
    Get:8 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb  stable Release [943 B]                                                                                                                                           
    Ign:9 Index of linux/ubuntu/ eoan InRelease                                                                                                     
    Err:10 Index of /ubuntu multiuniverse Release                                                                     
      404  Not Found [IP: 2001:67c:1562::1c 80]
    Get:11 Index of /ubuntu disco-updates InRelease [97.5 kB]                                                         
    Get:12 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable Release.gpg [819 B]                                                                           
    Hit:13 Index of /gns3/ppa/ubuntu eoan InRelease                                                                                               
    Hit:14 Index of linux/ubuntu/ disco InRelease                                                             
    Get:15 Index of /ubuntu eoan-security InRelease [97.5 kB]                             
    Hit:16 Index of /ubuntu eoan InRelease                                                             
    Err:17 Index of linux/ubuntu/ eoan Release                                                       
      404  Not Found [IP: 2600:9000:21f2:b800:3:db06:4200:93a1 443]
    Hit:18 Index of /ubuntu eoan-updates InRelease                                                     
    Get:19 Index of /ubuntu disco-backports InRelease [88.8 kB]
    Ign:12 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable Release.gpg         
    Err:13 Index of /gns3/ppa/ubuntu eoan InRelease
      The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9A2FD067A2E3EF7B
    Reading package lists... Done
    E: The repository 'cdrom://Ubuntu 19.04 _Disco Dingo_ - Release amd64 (20190416) disco Release' does not have a Release file.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
    E: The repository 'Index of /ubuntu multiuniverse Release' does not have a Release file.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
    N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'partner/binary-1386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu disco InRelease' doesn't support architecture '1386'
    E: The repository 'Index of linux/ubuntu/ eoan Release' does not have a Release file.
    W: GPG error: http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb  stable Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because  the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6494C6D6997C215E
    E: The repository 'http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable Release' is not signed.
    W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository  is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: Index of /gns3/ppa/ubuntu  eoan InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because  the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9A2FD067A2E3EF7B
    W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'stable/source/Sources' as repository 'Index of linux/ubuntu/ disco InRelease' does not seem to provide it (sources.list entry misspelt?)
    N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-1386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu eoan InRelease' doesn't support architecture '1386'
    N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/binary-1386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu eoan InRelease' doesn't support architecture '1386'
    N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'universe/binary-1386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu eoan-updates InRelease' doesn't support architecture '1386'
    N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-1386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu eoan-updates InRelease' doesn't support architecture '1386'
    N: Skipping acquire of configuhttps://dl.bintray.com/aluxian/red file 'universe/binary-1386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu eoan-security InRelease' doesn't support architecture '1386'
    N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-1386/Packages' as repository 'Index of /ubuntu eoan-security InRelease' doesn't support architecture '1386'
    Last edited by deadflowr; December 24th, 2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: code tags

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Please help me fix my sources list

Hi, welcome to the fora.

Are you sure it's worth the while to salvage 19.04 which has only one month of support left? You could consider to use the occasion to do a fresh install of 19.10 (a nice Christmas gift for yourself).
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Okay the grub isn't working, my laptop can't find a boot default and won't recognize the usb... how can I fix this?

I installed gns3 and I had to dl extra packages and that's what happened.

Beans

I think this was the problem.

f you would like to allow GNS3 support for IOS on Unix (IOU), you’ll have to enable running of x86 packages on a 64-bit system. sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
    sudo apt-get update

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Good, please mark the thread solved (top right corner, thread tools).
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.