Thread: Xubuntu 19.10 blackscreen when opening Nvidia Optimus laptop lid after closing it.

Beans

Xubuntu 19.10 blackscreen when opening Nvidia Optimus laptop lid after closing it.

Hi, I just install Xubuntu 19.10 on my Dell XPS 9570 (having run Xubuntu 18.04 in the past) and I have run into this issue that I can't find any documentation on. Whenever I normally suspend the laptop and power it back on, it works fine. However, when I close the lid, wait a few seconds, and open it I get a black screen and I have to restart lightdm through tty. I am not exactly sure how each of the power manager options affects this, however I had it set to suspend for both battery and with AC power.

For now, I have installed the Budgie desktop and I am having no issues with it, but I still would like to use XFCE. All of the info I find online refers to an older issue from around five years ago, so any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Found a bug on Launchpad for this issue and confirmed it, I guess I'll have to wait and see.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...m/+bug/1853709
    Last edited by cheese-e-boi; December 19th, 2019 at 09:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Xubuntu 19.10 blackscreen when opening Nvidia Optimus laptop lid after closing it

For this kind of problems it's often a good idea to begin with a hardware description. Please copy
    Code:
    sudo lshw -sanitize > lshw.txt
    and paste it onto the command line, run it and post lshw.txt in CODE tags.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.