Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installation problem

Beans

Re: Installation problem

Disabling and enabling hibernation is explained at the microsoft site below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...hat-is-running

Beans

Thank's, switched hibernation off as instructed, but it did not help for seeing the hard drive. Trying next oldfreds uefi suggestions.

Thanks to you all guys, especially oldfred.
    This message now comes happily from installed ubuntu 19.10 in Lenovo Yoga S740.
    Problem was the boot settings (uefi etc).

I went trought all boot settings (got there by F2) and pressed at each screen F9 to get default settings back (it kept AHCI setting intack, however).
    Only non default settings are now
    1) secure boot off
    2) file type AHCI

Additionally on windows side I did (do not know if all this was necessary, probably forgetting something, see previous post in this chain):
    - bitlocker off
    - hibernate off
    - made non-allocated disk space by windows disk manager

To boot from ubuntu-usb had to tap F12. To avoid freezing during ubuntu installation did choose safe graphics mode.

So big thank's again!
    terveisin, Markus
    Last edited by paapu; December 22nd, 2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: posts merged.

Beans

Hi!
    I'm thinking to have Yoga S740 14. I'm using ubuntu 20.04 from Dell XPS 15 (because of thermal issues).
    Can you give me please your feedback about the Yoga laptop under Ubuntu, did you have other problems (with wifi, drivers, sound, etc..), what about the fan noise, the battery life?
    Did you upgrade to 20.04?
    Thanks!

Beans

Hi paapu!
    I'm thinking to have Yoga S740 14. I'm using ubuntu 20.04 from Dell XPS 15 (because of thermal issues).
    Can you give me please your feedback about the Yoga laptop under Ubuntu, did you have other problems (with wifi, drivers, sound, etc..), what about the fan noise, the battery life?
    Did you upgrade to 20.04?
    Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123