Thread: miniDLNA gone?

Beans

miniDLNA gone?

I'm using 18.04.3 server. I'm trying to install miniDLNA but the package "minidlna" seems to be gone. I found a .deb file but the dependencies are not there. I found a site that showed using a new repo but adding that repo resulted in some messages that lead me to believe this was a bad thing to do. I also tried snap for the first time with a snap version of miniDLNA, but I couldn't get that working and reading more about it suggested I probably never would.

I know I installed this just a few months ago on the same machine with the same version of Ubuntu Server, but I don't remember if I added a repo or not. I reformatted it to try Open Media Vault, where miniDLNA worked great but getting nginx to work was a nightmare so I came back to Ubuntu server where I installed from the same USB stick that I used before.

To be specific I do: "sudo apt-get install minidlna" and I get :
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package minidlna

Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: miniDLNA gone?

It's in the Universe repository.

Beans
    Hidden!

Seems to be a bug in the server version of 18.04.1 (see https://askubuntu.com/questions/1081...efault-enabled) so perhaps it's a bug also in the 18.04.3 installer that leaves the Universe repos disabled.

I've never used a server iso, only a full GUI version of Xubuntu, but on all GUI versions the Universe repos are enabled by default.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 20.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans

Thanks, universe repo seems to work. I think I remember something about this now from before. The problem is aggravated by an aging brain.