Thread: Unable to upgrade from 19.04 to 19.10

Beans

Unable to upgrade from 19.04 to 19.10

When I click Upgrade the Software Updater dialog disappears but nothing else happens. I've done all the
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

stuff, so as far as I know 19.04 is completely up-to-date. Help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Unable to upgrade from 19.04 to 19.10

If you’re the kind of Ubuntu user who prefers a solid and inherently stable system I recommend you install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, which will receive on-going updates until 2023.

Note: if automatic login is enabled you should disable it before attempting to upgrade. There are reports that leaving auto-login enabled during an upgrade will cause a login loop issue on restart.
    And don’t forget: you can always download an ISO and do a fresh install too.
    This really should of been done before October 17th.
    But you did not so, your on your own here with:
    You can forcibly “check” for a new Ubuntu release using the terminal app and the following command:

Code:
    sudo do-release-upgrade -c -d
    Or the confident way:
    Code:
    sudo do-release-upgrade -d
    Follow the onscreen prompts that appear.

Be careful; as soon as you run this command Ubuntu will check for a new development release,VERY IMPORTANT>>>> disable all PPAs, and fill your apt list with links to the eoan development branches.
    Last edited by 1fallen; December 11th, 2019 at 09:51 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Hm. If I use either of those upgrade commands I get:

Checking for a new Ubuntu release
    Upgrades to the development release are only
    available from the latest supported release.

Beans

But the Software Updater does offer to upgrade. Its just that nothing happens when you hit the Upgrade button...

Beans

Check the thread https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2432903 Sounds like your problem. Solved by removing all additional PPAs, then update/upgrade.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    If you’re the kind of Ubuntu user who prefers a solid and inherently stable system I recommend you install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, which will receive on-going updates until 2023.

Note: if automatic login is enabled you should disable it before attempting to upgrade. There are reports that leaving auto-login enabled during an upgrade will cause a login loop issue on restart.
    And don’t forget: you can always download an ISO and do a fresh install too.
    This really should of been done before October 17th.
    But you did not so, your on your own here with:
    You can forcibly “check” for a new Ubuntu release using the terminal app and the following command:

Code:
    sudo do-release-upgrade -c -d
    Or the confident way:
    Code:
    sudo do-release-upgrade -d
    Follow the onscreen prompts that appear.

Be careful; as soon as you run this command Ubuntu will check for a new development release,VERY IMPORTANT>>>> disable all PPAs, and fill your apt list with links to the eoan development branches.
    The "-d" suffix is only used for upgrading to a development version!

Beans

If you'd copy-n-paste the full output from terminal of the command "sudo apt update" that would give us some idea what condition the repos are in. Then we could make a better guess.

Beans

Thanks for the answers. guys. I ended up just doing a fresh re-install