Thread: Canonical Ubuntu 20.04 Survey

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Canonical Ubuntu 20.04 Survey

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/12/...tu-user-survey

Let them know what you love and what you love less about Ubuntu.
    Done! Thanks for sharing!

Beans
    Distro

i would like to see better communication with developers, such as one of them that can interact with us, who can also interact with developers. some difficult problems may be a real bug, or maybe not. i'd like to openly discuss issues before concluding it's a real bug to be reported.
    You can't have my Windows 95 until you pry it from my cold dead 1 GB IDE hard drive.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Rather surprised they didn't ask what "flavor" I'm running.
    i selected Xubuntu on the menu a few nexts in. there was an option for Kubuntu, but not one for Skaperubuntu (yet).
    You can't have my Windows 95 until you pry it from my cold dead 1 GB IDE hard drive.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/12/...tu-user-survey

Let them know what you love and what you love less about Ubuntu.
    Done. Interesting survey that one.

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool Re: Canonical Ubuntu 20.04 Survey

I took the survey. I nominated Cinnamon Remix 19.10 for a new Flavor of Ubuntu which has the older style desktop.
    It took about 15 minutes or so. I had a lot to input. I do not care for the Dock type desktop. I asked to include gufw firewall to the install of the OS. Easier to configure firewall for a newbie.

Beans
    Hidden!

Synaptic Package Manager
    Ubuntu has it at the snap store you can install it easy. It has always been there.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bernard010 View Post
    Ubuntu has it at the snap store you can install it easy. It has always been there.
    It is also available as a deb package for those who don't use snaps. Yes "It has always been there", the thing is it used to be included in new installs by default and is, in my opinion, probably the most useful package management tool ever made.

It is always nice to find a flavor or distro that includes it by default as used to be the case with Ubuntu. I still miss seeing it installed by default as well even though it is quite simple to add after an initial installation.

Personally I agree with the sentiment expressed earlier by Artim "bring back Synaptic Package Manager" and I for one always add it on new installs.

My comments on the survey were a suggestion of an arm64 alternate installer with full raspberry pi4 support. I would love to be able to do a base Ubuntu install with a net installer and then build up to a Xfce or mate desktop. Currently there only seems to be an unofficial installer based on the server installer which has too much stuff not needed for a desktop only install. I'd like a much cleaner base install to build on rather than a server base on my raspberry pi4. I believe the raspberry pi 4 support work is in progress I just hope that is included into an alternate installer (netinst image) as well.

Cheers, yeti.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bernard010 View Post
    I took the survey. I nominated Cinnamon Remix 19.10 for a new Flavor of Ubuntu which has the older style desktop.
    It took about 15 minutes or so. I had a lot to input. I do not care for the Dock type desktop. I asked to include gufw firewall to the install of the OS. Easier to configure firewall for a newbie.
    19.10 is done.
    As far as the remix team getting official flavor status for 20.04, the clock is running out on getting approved by the Ubuntu Technical Board,
    which is the entity that approves flavors. They'd need to get a move on quickly.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Done did it last Week. I nominated Cinnamon Remix for a new Flavor of Ubuntu.
    The Answer Please if at all Possible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12