Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bugged default drivers for Radeon HD 6650M in 18.04 LTS. What to do next?

Beans

Re: Bugged default drivers for Radeon HD 6650M in 18.04 LTS. What to do next?

Hello again.
    it's been a few months, and I just thought I would report back how it's been going so far. (Sorry if that also means I'm necroing this thread.)

I'm still running on Obiaf's PPA. No, I didn't actually bother to freeze anything like I had planned. Even so, I have not, as of yet, run in to any problems updating with this PPA. However, my problems have not actually gone away. Things got substantially better, yes, but there are still problems. In particular, I can cause a very specific error on demand with MPV. Basically, if I pause MPV player for an amount of time, when I go to play it again, there is a short delay, then the next several frames get stuck in a tight loop. Audio continues playing fine, but video is borked. Seeking back real quick resets the video.

I am just now reading that this may be a known bug. See the following if you are also having this problem; virtually identical symptoms.
    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues/485

Other than that, all's been good~ .
    Last edited by QIII; March 6th, 2020 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Default font size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12