Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you watch movies regularly ?

Beans
    Hidden!

Do you watch movies regularly ?

Hi,

Recently I have taken 4 HD english movie channels from my

digital cable provider. I check the schedule at here and here then I watch one movie

everyday. I must say the decision to buy a large screen TV

is really worth the money. I just love Hollywood.

Do you watch movies regularly ?
    MX Linux 19
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU
    Ram 4GB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 (Skylake GT2)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Do you watch movies regularly ?

I usually watch 5-10 movies a week. I started a new job last week and haven't felt like watching TV since. Too mentally drained to even get involved in a movie. Obviously, I am already in search of a new job.

Beans

Sometimes the Wife and I go to lunch and then go to the matinee they are cheap in the afternoon $3.50 per person.

We're retired in our sixties and can do what we want whenever we want and always have enjoyed going to the movies.

We also rent movies from the red box around the corner from us and watch them in the evenings while having a few drinks.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I rarely watch movies nowadays. When I do it's on Netflix. Games or books are for me.
    | AMD Ryzen 1700x 3.4 GHz | ASUS PRIME X370-A | 32 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 |
    | ASUS Nvidia 1070 8 GB | SSD 250 GB | HDD 1 TB |
    My Desktop |

Try elementary OS - https://elementary.io

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    I rarely watch movies nowadays. When I do it's on Netflix. Games or books are for me.
    I too want to give Netflix a try but I can't coz I am using a 4G hotspot with 1.5GB limit per day.

I will be watching this movie tonight on HBO HD.
    MX Linux 19
    Ram 4GB

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by linuxyogi View Post
    I too want to give Netflix a try but I can't coz I am using a 4G hotspot with 1.5GB limit per day.

I will be watching this movie tonight on HBO HD.
    Netflix doesn't use as much as you may think. My phone plan had a 10GB a month limit and I never went over it while watching Breaking Bad for 5 hours a day.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by uRock View Post
    Netflix doesn't use as much as you may think. My phone plan had a 10GB a month limit and I never went over it while watching Breaking Bad for 5 hours a day.
    We will be moving to a new home soon. I will give Netflix a try then. Thanks.
    MX Linux 19
    Ram 4GB

Beans

I will give Netflix a try then.
    We refuse to pay for cable and have a digital antenna, so outside of a classic B/W here and there the only movie watching we do is on Netflix. Never come close to using up our bandwidth and we use the HD option.

If there is one recommendation I can make on Netflix it is the Netflix/Black Mirror production Bandersnatch. (I hope it's still available.)

As a movie the plot is so-so, but the way it is produced is an entirely new concept, I've yet to see anything like it. You watch for a while and at one point you get to **choose** the direction the movie takes with your remote. At first it's simple: "does he choose the Post Toasties or Cheerios?" "Does he listen to this music or that music?" As it goes on it gets more and more complex, and at the end . . . you literally have to find your way out to the end the movie. I'm hoping they come up with more!

Beans

We are at 1016 movies and counting on our server. The wife watches them regularly. I do not. I can't sit still that long. Kodi makes managing these a breeze.

Beans

I'm the ADD type that has movies / Netflix on in the background. Average 1 movie a day. And I binge everything on the Comedy Central website regularly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast