Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libreoffice saving doc location (Ubuntu 18.04)

Beans
    Hidden!

Libreoffice saving doc location (Ubuntu 18.04)

I used to see a lot of favourite folders when saving a file in Libreoffice.. I can still see them in nautilus and pcmanfm. All the drag and dropped locations no longer show in LO. Does anyone know how to restore them?

If they can not be restored how do I create new favourite folders to show up in the save as dialogue?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Libreoffice saving doc location (Ubuntu 18.04)

If you've installed it as a snap it will be restricted in where it can read from or write to.

Beans
    Hidden!

Does that mean that all my favourite saving locations will not appear when saving a file?

If that is the case, how do I reinstall so that it does not get taken up by snap?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Use snap commands to remove libreoffice then use apt commands to install libreoffice.
    Code:
    snap remove libreoffice
    sudo apt install libreoffice
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyx View Post
    Does that mean that all my favourite saving locations will not appear when saving a file?
    Where are these favorite saving locations that you can't access? In snaps, you might be restricted to your home folder.
    I haven't used a LibreOffice snap, but you can work around such a restriction by saving your work to ~/Documents, then copying the file(s) to another location if necessary with the file manager.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    Use snap commands to remove libreoffice then use apt commands to install libreoffice.
    Code:
    snap remove libreoffice
    sudo apt install libreoffice
    I followed your advice but I did not get very far. What do you suggest I do next?

Code:
    snap remove libreoffice
    snap "libreoffice" is not installed

Beans
    Hidden!

I think I have been misleading myself. I am not asking about favourites. The directories that are not showing in save are called bookmarks. These directories I can save to, but it is tedious because they are not in the home directory. I prefer to click on a bookmark and save the file.

Beans
    Hidden!

Does any one know how to ensure that bookmarks are showing in the file save as option? They appear in filemanagers but not when saving via libreoffice. They used to show but a recent upgrade has cause them to no longer appear.

Beans
    Hidden!

As long as Libreoffice can see those folders you want to use if you manually use the save dialogue to put the files there you may be able to add those folders in LO's settings.

Go to Tools -> Options -> Libreoffice ->Paths and edit the line in that for My Documents.

I've never tried this so I don't know if it works but it may give a clue as to where to try making the changes you want to the current default pathways.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 18.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans

Have you tried creating a bookmark for your folder from the file-chooser dialog while saving? See attached image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast