Thread: Compaq Presario M2000 Wireless - worked with xUbuntu - issues with lubuntu

Beans

Compaq Presario M2000 Wireless - worked with xUbuntu - issues with lubuntu

First and foremost - thank you all for taking the time to read through and give it a go at assisting me. I am below a novice when it comes to Linux - and this 2004 laptop is my 'training tool' for myself.

I recently formatted the HDD and successfully installed Lubuntu. I've upgraded and updated everything I can find - with no errors kicking back. The one issue is that this laptop runs in 32x - and it would appear the typical steps for resolving wireless communication is a bit difficult.
    While I have followed the steps and suggestions from other similar posts - I'll err on the side of caution here and not present information that isn't explicitly asked for.

So - you tell me what to do, and I'll do it! (This old laptop has Ethernet internet connection, as that's how I'm writing currently.) I'm prepared to physically remove any hardware that's required and document it's details!

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding. For a quick guage of my linux ability to date: After the lubuntu install I wrongly deleted the 'start' bar...but was able to rebuild it haphazardly. And I have all my glorious DOS games from 1991-1997 running like a charm! (Via DOSBox). I am a copy - paste monkey, don't worry about insulting my skill or intelligence when it comes to linux...I'm here to learn!

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Re: Compaq Presario M2000 Wireless - worked with xUbuntu - issues with lubuntu

Is this you? We are wondering why you didn't supply the requested information and follow through. https://askubuntu.com/questions/1193...presario-m2000
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Talking Re: Compaq Presario M2000 Wireless - worked with xUbuntu - issues with lubuntu

Yes! Same person requesting assistance in different locations. I apologize for the delay - had checked askubuntu before posting here! (It's updated now: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1193...presario-m2000 )