Thread: Bluetooth stopped working. ASRock DeskMini A300

Beans

Bluetooth stopped working. ASRock DeskMini A300

Ubuntu 19.10
    ASRock DeskMini A300

Bluetooth was working but after a app crash (0 A.D.) Bluetooth stopped working (both mouse and keyboard).
    I’ve only recently started using Ubuntu (was previously a W10 user) and am more than a bit lost with using the terminal and command line, however after a bit googling I do know the below.

graham@graham-desktop:~/Desktop$ bluetoothctl --version
    bluetoothctl: 5.50
    graham@graham-desktop:~/Desktop$ sudo rfkill list
    [sudo] password for graham:
    0: phy0: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: yes
    Hard blocked: no
    283: hci0: Bluetooth
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no

Settings>Bluetooth informs me that NO Bluetooth dongle is found and that Bluetooth is turned off, even though a Bluetooth dongle is connected, trying to turn on Bluetooth fails.

The googling results gave me various command line things to try, non of them fixed the problem though strangely the mouse started to work, even though Settings>Bluetooth still says no dongle found and Bluetooth is switched off. If I remove the dongle the mouse stops working, replacing it the mouse works again.

Bluetooth Manager ‘Adapter’ and ‘Device’ are greyed out.

Looking at a few other posts in the networking forum I see that I’ll probably be asked to run wildmanne39’s script, that I have done

the pastebin url
    https://pastebin.com/Rtmg69u1

If anyone can help it will be appreciated

Graham

Beans

Re: Bluetooth stopped working. ASRock DeskMini A300

An update. this morning (after being switched off all night) an improvement, now in settings>Bluetooth Bluetooth is switched on and 'Bluetooth Keyboard' is shown as disconnected, Blueman after going through the connect routine shows the keyboard as 'device added successfully, but failed to connect'.
    The mouse is not shown in settings>Bluetooth or Blueman, it just works regardless.

So an improvement but not a complete fix

Beans

Re: Bluetooth stopped working. ASRock DeskMini A300

another and last update.
    Both the keyboard and mouse are now working, every time i rebooted something would start working, first the keyboard and then the mouse. Strangely the keyboard works with one dongle and the mouse with another, they wont both work with the same dongle.