Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    901

    Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    Though I have been successful in the past, presently in spite of numerous attempts, I cannot successfully install the drivers for this scanner. I had to reinstall the OS and now I cannot get it to work. Any assistance will be appreciated.

    Ubuntu 16.04 64

    Epson Perfection V30

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Beans
    23

    Re: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by daniell59 View Post
    Though I have been successful in the past, presently in spite of numerous attempts, I cannot successfully install the drivers for this scanner. I had to reinstall the OS and now I cannot get it to work. Any assistance will be appreciated.

    Ubuntu 16.04 64

    Epson Perfection V30
    What did you do? Can't tell you much when you dont say whats going wrong. Did you get any messages? Guide that mentions your scanner
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Scanners

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    901

    Re: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb\ (2)
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz

    This is the only thing that I was able to do in my downloads. I would be clearer, but I am confused.
    Thanks for your interest.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Metro Boston
    Beans
    14,589
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    That model is described as "unsupported" on the SANE page: http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON

    Apparently it might work by installing libsane-common to get libsane-common_1.0.27-1~experimental3ubuntu_all. See https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages...-epson2.5.html

    I have an HP scanner that is not supported by SANE. I decided to pony up the $40 and buy VueScan. Has a free trial to see if it works for you.
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; 6 Days Ago at 05:24 PM.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

    Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    1,295

    Re: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by daniell59 View Post
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb\ (2)
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz

    This is the only thing that I was able to do in my downloads. I would be clearer, but I am confused.
    Thanks for your interest.
    The only important file is iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz. Delete the other two.

    Now do

    Code:
    tar zvxf  iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz
    This will give you a directory iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.

    Change to the directory with

    Code:
    cd iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb
    Execute

    Code:
    sudo sh ./install.sh
    Brian.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    901

    Re: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by brian_p View Post
    The only important file is iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz. Delete the other two.

    Now do

    Code:
    tar zvxf  iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz
    This will give you a directory iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.

    Change to the directory with

    Code:
    cd iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb
    Execute

    Code:
    sudo sh ./install.sh
    Where did I go wrong?
    daniel@daniel-N68SA-M2S:~$ cd Downloads
    daniel@daniel-N68SA-M2S:~/Downloads$ dir
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz
    daniel@daniel-N68SA-M2S:~/Downloads$ tar zvxf iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/install.sh
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/core/
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/core/iscan_2.30.4-2_amd64.deb
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/plugins/
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/plugins/esci-interpreter-gt-f720_1.0.0-1_amd64.deb
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/README.rst
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/data/
    iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/data/iscan-data_1.39.1-2_all.deb
    daniel@daniel-N68SA-M2S:~/Downloads$ cd iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb
    daniel@daniel-N68SA-M2S:~/Downloads/...2.30.4.x64.deb$
    daniel@daniel-N68SA-M2S:~/Downloads/...2.30.4.x64.deb$ Executesudo sh ./install.sh
    Executesudo: command not found
    daniel@daniel-N68SA-M2S:~/Downloads/...2.30.4.x64.deb$

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Metro Boston
    Beans
    14,589
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    First, you may have to mark the install.sh file as executable. Also there is no "Executesudo" command. Try this:
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads/iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/
    sudo chmod a+x install.sh
    sudo ./install.sh
    Any better?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

    Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    901

    Re: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    First, you may have to mark the install.sh file as executable. Also there is no "Executesudo" command. Try this:
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads/iscan-gt-f720-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb/
    sudo chmod a+x install.sh
    sudo ./install.sh
    Any better?
    Thanks a lot. It is now working. You made a cold day warmer. I really wish that I could understand what was done. I would like to be able to solve problems myself.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    1,295

    Re: Can't Install Scanner Drivers

    [daniel@daniel-N68SA-M2S:~/Downloads/...2.30.4.x64.deb$ Executesudo sh ./install.sh
    Executesudo: command not found
    The command is

    Code:
    sudo sh ./install.sh
    You went wrong by typing Executesudo sh ./install.sh
    Brian.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •