Thread: How to generate income on website?

Beans

How to generate income on website?

Hi all,

I have about 30 websites running on Internet. All of them are for fund and/or for testing.

Several years ago I have been advised that I could generate revenue on them. But I just put their advice aside never taking a serious consideration.

About one week ago I was advised again as a comment on one of my website. Just have had a brief search on Internet in re "how to generate revenue on website" and found dozens of suggestion.

Could any folk on the forum shed me some light how to confine my search. Thanks in advance.

Regards
    satimis

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How to generate income on website?

Best, Gnusci

"Never make a calculation until you know the answer." -- Wheeler, Spacetime Physics, pg 60.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gnusci View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I'm running WordPress websites. Just made a brief search on Internet and found follows;

Plugin Tag: flattr
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/flattr/

Buy Me A Coffee Button and Widget
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buymeacoffee/

Will try them later,

PPC (Paid Per Click) is common for high traffic websites. My aid is to widen the envisage of the use of a website not solely limited to providing information.

Regards
    satimis

Beans

Monetizing web sites alone has been dying a slow, flaming death for years now. But all hope is not lost. Your best bet is cross channel marketing (that is probably not the right name for it.) By that I mean, look where most people spend their time online. Most of it is on social media sites and video sites, the average time on a web site is probably three seconds or less (some research will prove that out.) So if you wish to drive valuable traffic to your site and monetize your services, you need to market on these platforms.

It's a fairly complicated question as to **how** you do that, it depends on your niche. Start following TechLead on YouTube - he is hilarious (in a techie, nerdy way.) He is an ex-Google, ex-Facebook tech lead, and considers both of those jobs "side jobs" because he has made his real money in developing his own apps and mostly monetizing his videos. In one video he shows he is collecting around 30K a month just on YouTube marketing and affiliate programs (and calls it "beer money." ) He has a lot to share if you "get" his presentation.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfer View Post
    Monetizing web sites alone has been dying a slow, flaming death for years now. But all hope is not lost. Your best bet is cross channel marketing (that is probably not the right name for it.) By that I mean, look where most people spend their time online. Most of it is on social media sites and video sites, the average time on a web site is probably three seconds or less (some research will prove that out.) So if you wish to drive valuable traffic to your site and monetize your services, you need to market on these platforms.

It's a fairly complicated question as to **how** you do that, it depends on your niche. Start following TechLead on YouTube - he is hilarious (in a techie, nerdy way.) He is an ex-Google, ex-Facebook tech lead, and considers both of those jobs "side jobs" because he has made his real money in developing his own apps and mostly monetizing his videos. In one video he shows he is collecting around 30K a month just on YouTube marketing and affiliate programs (and calls it "beer money." ) He has a lot to share if you "get" his presentation.
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I'm not shedding my eyes on Niche market
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niche_market

nor investing TechLead's way of monetization.

TechLead
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4x...h4ACyhpiQ_3qBw

TechLead
    How I taught myself to code again (and got a job at Google)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUZjoow6Zdk

TechLead contributed his own effort to monetize.

I'm investing how to make use of while visitors browsing information and simultaneously generating revenue for the information contributors in return of their efforts, another way similar to PPC.

Regards
    satimis

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    Hi all,

I have about 30 websites running on Internet. All of them are for fund and/or for testing.

Several years ago I have been advised that I could generate revenue on them. But I just put their advice aside never taking a serious consideration.

About one week ago I was advised again as a comment on one of my website. Just have had a brief search on Internet in re "how to generate revenue on website" and found dozens of suggestion.

Could any folk on the forum shed me some light how to confine my search. Thanks in advance.

Regards
    satimis
    adsense is most straight-forward method, but you need to have a website with clean design and a lot of useful content that you believe others will read.

i suggest adding a blog to any of your websites that currently has real traffic (not bots) about similar topic to the current website topic.