Thread: How to install this Prodikeys PC-MIDI HID Driver?

Beans

How to install this Prodikeys PC-MIDI HID Driver?

Hi, I have an old Creative Prodikeys DM -keyboard which works well as keyboard, but midi (piano) keys don't work with Ubuntu out of box. I am moving my homestudio from Windows to Ubuntu (Reaper DAW).

I found drivers for Prodikeys from here: http://prodikeys.princefolk.co.uk/ but didn't succeed with installation.

I also found "HID: Prodikeys PC-MIDI HID Driver" from here, but I don't have a clue how to install this:
    https://gitlab-beta.engr.illinois.ed...b0f50ca2a151e9
    Any tips? Thank you!
    Last edited by uRock; 1 Week Ago at 12:36 AM. Reason: Fonts

Beans

Re: How to install this Prodikeys PC-MIDI HID Driver?

Do you have the older version with PS/2 interface ? Then you're probably out of luck. The driver you're linking to is for the newer version connected through USB. It should already be installed by default as '/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/hid/hid-prodikeys.ko'. The only thing missing is the app to set up some things which is included in source code in the archive on sourceforge (which is linked on the prodikeys.princefolk.co.uk page).

Holger

Beans

Re: How to install this Prodikeys PC-MIDI HID Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Holger_Gehrke View Post
    Do you have the older version with PS/2 interface ? Then you're probably out of luck. The driver you're linking to is for the newer version connected through USB. It should already be installed by default as '/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/hid/hid-prodikeys.ko'. The only thing missing is the app to set up some things which is included in source code in the archive on sourceforge (which is linked on the prodikeys.princefolk.co.uk page).

Holger
    Hi Holger,

unfortunately I have an older version with PS/2. I was hoping that same driver would work, but didn't understand that it was only for usb interface. So I'll just go and buy a good and small Midi keyboard.

Thank you for your answer, it was very helpful!

-Mika-