Thread: Any gaming/mechanical/RGB keyboards with full/OEM Linux support?

Beans

Any gaming/mechanical/RGB keyboards with full/OEM Linux support?

I have a Logitech G810 keyboard and G502 mouse, both have all the features I want under Windows, but none in Ubuntu. I understand there's Piper to customize the mouse, but it is buggy. I haven't found anything for the keyboard, yet.
    I'd much rather just find a brand that supports Linux/Ubuntu natively (if there even is one) and get a new keyboard and mouse from them. Gaming has been pretty flawless on Ubuntu, but I miss being able to set per-button lighting and customizing extra buttons per game, along with having backlighting turn off after being inactive.
    Maybe there's software hidden somewhere that can do all this for my Logitech keyboard and mouse, if so please mention it. But I'm more in the search of supporting a brand that supports Linux and buying from them instead.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Any gaming/mechanical/RGB keyboards with full/OEM Linux support?

Take a look at the openrazer project;

https://openrazer.github.io/

I'm happy with Razer hardware and have a Mamba Tournament edition mouse, but I haven't tried it with anything else. I don't use a Razer keyboard at present, but I've used them in the past and they're fine.
    regards

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Any gaming/mechanical/RGB keyboards with full/OEM Linux support?

Quote Originally Posted by herqulees View Post
    I'd much rather just find a brand that supports Linux/Ubuntu natively (if there even is one)
    None of the gaming brands are the least bit interested in Linux.

Das Keyboard say that their RGB stuff is officially supported on Linux, though. I know that their media player buttons and volume controls work perfectly under Linux, but I've never tried their RGB stuff.