Thread: Different Forum Account from Old One - Switch to Old Account w/ Username Change?

Beans

Different Forum Account from Old One - Switch to Old Account w/ Username Change?

I started with this account (https://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=2053914), but for some reason, my SSO login created a new forum account for me. I'd like to keep the older account, but change the username to either cook150, cook15000, or cook200. However, I'm currently still receiving advice on a technical issue on my new account, so could I return to my old account once my current issue is resolved?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Different Forum Account from Old One - Switch to Old Account w/ Username Change?

We cannot merge accounts.
    And your login from SSO to Forums is based on the email.
    So you must have changed your email in SSO?

We can change your username, but after you are done. I did not yet check if any of your choices are available.
    For more info on UEFI boot install & repair - Regularly Updated :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Different Forum Account from Old One - Switch to Old Account w/ Username Change?

Quote Originally Posted by kalion150 View Post
    but for some reason, my SSO login created a new forum account for me.
    The reason is very simple. There are two separate Ubuntu One SSO accounts, one linked to the k00k2 forum account, and one linked to the kalion150. Both SSO accounts appear to be active.

If you still have the login credentials for the SSO account linked to the k00k2 account, the easiest thing would be for you to log into the forum with that SSO account. Perhaps after you've resolved your current technical support request with the kalion2 account. Then we can deal with a username change request from the k00k2 account and disable this account.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    The reason is very simple. There are two separate Ubuntu One SSO accounts, one linked to the k00k2 forum account, and one linked to the kalion150. Both SSO accounts appear to be active.

If you still have the login credentials for the SSO account linked to the k00k2 account, the easiest thing would be for you to log into the forum with that SSO account. Perhaps after you've resolved your current technical support request with the kalion2 account. Then we can deal with a username change request from the k00k2 account and disable this account.
    I know the email address for the old account, but the email has been deleted, and I can't seem to find (yet) what my password was.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

This following will be the easiest way of dealing with this. Please pm me with the email address linked to the older k00k2 account - as a security check, so that we know the account belongs to you. I can then adjust configurations so that you log into the k00k2 from this later SSO account. After which I will disable the kalion150 account, release the email address registered to it in case you want to re-use that in the older account, and rename the k00k2 account for you.

As far as the ongoing thread is concerned, I suggest you simply carry on in that thread with the older account and different username, and explain to those helping you that you are the same person. If you want I can post in that thread confirming that, to reassure those helping.

I'll await your pm!
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.