Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You can change fashion and clothing with supreme power. What do you change?

Hybrid View

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

You can change fashion and clothing with supreme power. What do you change?

So, the powers that be (whoever they are) decide that you get to dictate next year's fashion trends. You can take any one type of clothing and radically redesign it. All items of that type clothing will thereafter follow your design patterns and ideas. What type of clothing do you change, how do you change it, and why?

Me: Men's ties. They are so boring. Why do we wear little strips of cloth tied tightly around our necks? Who came up with that? Is it a leash, or more like a noose? Why is every other kind of tie more interesting than the kind of tie men actually wear?

So, I would banish all straight, drop from the neck-to-the-waist, middling width ties. People who tied things around their necks during the day time would have their heads examined. Hopefully, all the interesting predecessors to ties would stage a comeback: bandanas, frills, ruffles, stiff collars, flowers, neckerchiefs...

We could dress like pirates again! Bankers would be dressed appropriately, at last.

Beans

Re: You can change fashion and clothing with supreme power. What do you change?

Saggin' pants. No new laws, enough of those already, just instill some common sense and pull your pants up.
    Outlaw dog kerchiefs (going to get some heat for that one. ) Find more interesting ways to torture dogs.
    Bring back the Afro.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

remove slippers, sweat pants as acceptable public attire. wife beater shirts as well, sick of seeing nasty piles of armpit hair. show a little self respect and dress properly dammit.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaen_Sylvermane View Post
    remove slippers, sweat pants as acceptable public attire. wife beater shirts as well, sick of seeing nasty piles of armpit hair. show a little self respect and dress properly dammit.
    I'm not bothered by sweats, but the sight of people wearing wife beaters irritates me. They are meant to be undergarments.

My change to fashion? No beanies in the summer. No Uggs in the summer. No suits are to be worn to work, nor interviews, unless the position is paying at least $30 an hour or typical to the profession. No man buns, ever.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

No more capri-length saggy shorts for us boys. They're no good for running and jumping. Bring back the stuff kids wore in the 1980s
    Attached Images Attached Images

Learning American Sign Language - just for fun.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Artim View Post
    No more capri-length saggy shorts for us boys. They're no good for running and jumping. Bring back the stuff kids wore in the 1980s
    +1
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Artim View Post
    Yup, back in the 80's we called those "high waters". Also bring back wearing white socks.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Fashion, and clothing in general, are just an alien plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ClQ7zkHtXY
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

I would stop people from wearing things that were just... fugly... on them. Even if you're not a particularly attractive-looking person, there's things you can wear which don't make you look worse than you have to.

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool Re: You can change fashion and clothing with supreme power. What do you change?

Don't wear Leggins if you are over 600 lbs with a mid drift shirt, Please! Lets Not bring back Leisure Suits. Nothing is wrong with leather [cow hide] or even [Pleather] man made leather, just not for me. I will keep the Blue Jeans thank you.
    Sagging your Pants is a status symbol. If your around your elders Pull Up your Drawers Child.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast