Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You can change fashion and clothing with supreme power. What do you change?

Beans

Re: You can change fashion and clothing with supreme power. What do you change?

Sometimes aliens wear kimono.

https://youtu.be/LO2LpEY2CN0?t=556
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; November 20th, 2019 at 05:24 AM.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Oh for goodnessakes, of course we aliens wear clothes! When we are in humanoid form, anyway.

Learning American Sign Language - just for fun.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

back to 1966-78 about
    men with hair ....
    forget the 80s ever happened still shiver when i think 'bout it :]
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

Beans

I went to work in blue jeans and boots with a polo type tee shirt and had a massive beard and hair down to the middle of my back.

I was an electronic bench tech and worked in the back rooms away from everyone which is what I preferred so it didn't matter how I looked.

I refuse to wear anything that ties around my neck.
    I'm 67 years old and it doesn't matter how I look just as long as I'm wearing clothes.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

remove slippers, sweat pants as acceptable public attire.
    ...I don't wear sweat pants, but I've recently taken to a pair of memory foam slippers that are just so flippin' comfortable... And, I've worn them in public.

I tell myself that people probably think my slippers are actually Mongolian goat herder's moccasins, that I must therefore be a Mongolian goat herder, and thus they think nothing of it.

Hmmm. Another thing I'd change about clothes: I'd just straight up banish formal dress shoes. They hurt my feet. $120.00 for an full evening of discomfort. No, thank-you, Ma'am, and yes, they are quite shiny. Donate them to the leprechauns they were obviously fitted for.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shantiq View Post
    forget the 80s ever happened still shiver when i think 'bout it :]
    And that thing called DISCO . . . lol

Pajamas in public. That's another one, it's a thing now, girls walk around in pajamas and slippers. LOL

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Outlaw all fur clothing not personally grown by the bearer of said fur.

and, yes, actually, it is an ethical position...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jetsam View Post
    Outlaw all fur clothing not personally grown by the bearer of said fur.

and, yes, actually, it is an ethical position...
    Do away with leather, too? I have no problems with furs being used, as long as that isn't the only purpose for putting down the animal.

Example: I know people who raise rabbits. While they're alive, their excrement is a great fertilizer for plants, because it doesn't have to be composted. It can be applied immediately. Once harvested, their meat is used for cooking and their furs are used to make things.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yeah... it gets complicated. Discouraging the market is the goal. If a market is allowed to exist, it will run rampant wherever it can make a profit. The history of the founding of the Audubon society is tied in with woman's hats, believe it or not. From wiki:
    ...In the late 1890s, the American Ornithologists' Union estimated that five million birds were killed annually for the fashion market. In the final quarter of the 19th century, plumes, and even whole birds, decorated the hair, hats, and dresses of women. Poachers killed game warden Guy Bradley on July 8, 1905; poachers killed Game Warden Columbus G. McLeod in November 1908 in Florida and Audubon Society employee Pressly Reeves of South Carolina also in 1908.
    But public opinion soon turned on the fashion industry. Bolstered by the support of Boston socialite Harriet Hemenway, President Theodore Roosevelt, an avowed Audubon Society sympathizer, and a widespread letter-writing campaign...
    Leather I wear. I'm torn both ways on leather.
    The stuff isn't a problem in small-scale, pre-industrial societies where the hunters are vastly outnumbered by the populations of animals they hunt... But a lot was different in that case. Hunting techniques were limited in impact, selection of game was driven by need more than by desire, families hunted for themselves rather than the marketplace...
    It's hard to read the numbers involved in the historical whaling industry. We nearly wiped the whales out before we invented the steam engine. It can make you ill, reading about their practices... That was for oil, fuel for lamps... Electricity saved the whales.
    Last edited by jetsam; November 23rd, 2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: link to wikipedia, expanded quote...

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool Re: You can change fashion and clothing with supreme power. What do you change?

Don't wear Leggins if you are over 600 lbs with a mid drift shirt, Please! Lets Not bring back Leisure Suits. Nothing is wrong with leather [cow hide] or even [Pleather] man made leather, just not for me. I will keep the Blue Jeans thank you.
    Sagging your Pants is a status symbol. If your around your elders Pull Up your Drawers Child.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast